This private rooftop apartment situated in trendy Miramar is a hidden gem. It is right in the heart of San Juan within walking distance to bars, restaurants, cinema, grocery stores, and anything else you could need. Sol y Luna is a 1 bedroom penthouse with a spacious living room and kitchen. The Amazing rooftop and private balcony with excellent city views and breeze are the best attributes of this Penthouse. It has everything you need to have a great stay!
NOTE: This building does not have an elevator. The apartment is on the 4th floor.
1) PRE-ARRIVAL COVID TESTING: The current executive order by the Government states that every person traveling to Puerto Rico during the pandemic should arrive with a negative COVID-19 test result or will have to take a COVID-19 test at the airport. Travelers with positive test results will have to stay at their rented property for the duration of their stay, or 14 days. The test result has to be from no more than 72 hours prior to arrival on the island.
2) COMMON AREAS – GENERAL MESSAGE FOR THE ENTIRE ISLAND: Some common areas in many communities around the island are still closed – or with limited capacity – due to COVID-19. This could include pools, tennis courts, and children parks. Please reach out to us prior to booking if you would like to know the status of common areas.
3) MASKS: Masks are mandatory when in public and in all common areas. Please be ready to travel with and bring masks for your stay.
4) CLEANING PROCEDURES: We have updated our cleaning procedures to include industry best practices in response to COVID-19. We are using disinfectant cleaning products on all surfaces and are programming a 24 hour gap between check-outs and check-ins. Our cleaning staff wears PPE during the entire cleaning and disinfecting process.
Enter the apartment and you are greeted with a comfortable living area with a 4 person dining table, 2 person seater sofa, a flat-screen TV with cable and best of all access to your own private rooftop and balcony. Please note there is AC in the bedroom but not the living area.
The master bedroom has 1 queen bed with a dedicated bathroom and a sliding door full-size closet. Features a standard size bathroom with clean and modern finishes. Stocked with organic amenities and 5-star resort quality towels.
Sol y Luna has a beautiful and functional style kitchen with a stovetop, oven, full fridge, toaster, microwave, blender, and coffee maker. The kitchen also has a full-size washer and dryer. It also has an additional door for easy access to the rooftop terrace.
Villa Corazón is located in Miramar, a historic neighborhood in the district of Santurce. This is one of the best urban and trendy locations in the metropolitan area. The Miramar district is well known for its unique art-deco architecture. Walking distance to anything you could need like bars, restaurants, cinemas, churches, grocery stores: just to name a few.
Miramar is located two miles from Old San Juan, three miles from shopping mecca Condado and four miles from the international airport Luis Muñoz Marin. Forget the rental car because from here you can walk or Uber to everything!
There are many things to do in the surrounding areas, here are some of our favorites:
- Visit Puerto Rico Convention Center is the largest convention center in the Caribbean and one of the most technologically advanced in the Americas.
- Chill at the beach! The apartment has beach chairs, towels, and coolers for a long day at the beach. Several beaches to choose from!
- Lunch or dinner at La Placita de Santurce a local market with 20+ restaurants and awesome nightlife. We love Santaella restaurant which offers local cuisine with a modern approach and is in La Placita.
- Explore Miramar; this up and coming hip street is littered with funky dining and shopping options.
- Explore the El Yunque Rainforest. El Yunque is an easy 40-minute drive from the property and is the only rainforest under US Flagship. We can help coordinate tours to this destination.
- Spend a day in Old San Juan. There is a lot of history to be seen and great food, drinks, and shopping.
West Indies strives to deliver top-notch service and amenities to guarantee our guests feel at home while visiting our properties. All of our properties are outfitted with freshly laundered bed linens and towels. We provide 2 bath towels per guest and 1 beach/pool towel per guest. Our properties typically include at least 2 beach chairs, and an ice cooler.
West Indies provides the disposable amenities necessary to get your vacation off to a comfortable start. These amenities include 1 set of hotel size soaps and shampoos per bathroom, 3 garbage bags, 2 rolls of paper towel, 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 1 dish soap, 1 dish sponge, and a small amount of laundry detergent. We do not provide unlimited disposable amenities. It is your responsibility to review what is included in the property and stock with whatever else may be needed for the duration of your stay.
- This apartment is located in a residential building with elderly residents. It is important that guests staying in this property keep noise to a minimum. Quiet hours are from 9:00 pm to 8:00 am and are strictly enforced. Guests that receive noise complaints from neighbors will have their reservations canceled and will need to find other lodging alternatives.
- Check-in time is at 4:00 pm
- Check-out time is at 11:00 am
- NO SMOKING: Smoking is strictly prohibited. A smoking fee of $500 will be charged if violated.
- NO PETS: No pets are allowed at any time. A $300 fine will be charged if violated and you will be expelled from the property.
- All bookings are contingent on signing a short term rental agreement that will be sent via email. It must be signed within 48 hours of booking or before entering the property, whichever happens first.
- Maximum occupancy of 2 adults/children at all times. This includes visitors.
- Do not hang towels or clothes from the balcony or windows.
- Do not wash white towels with colored beach towels. Any damaged towels will be charged from the security deposit.
- Max. occupancy is strictly enforced and exceeding it may result in immediate cancellation of booking or being expelled from the property.
- Towels and linens must only be used for their intended purpose. Do not stain them with food, grease or any other substance. Do not use towels to clean up any mess, stained towels/linens will be charged.
- Subletting not allowed
- The host will not pay for a hotel, vacation rental, or transportation expenses incurred because of an interruption in water or electrical service. If water or electricity is interrupted for more than 3 hours, guests have the option of canceling their reservation and requesting a refund for the nights not used. Under no circumstances will we refund consumed nights.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS:
The West Indies Vacation Rental staff is eager to ensure everything about your vacation is 5-stars. Once you reserve, our Vacation Planning Team will send you detailed property information, suggestions on where to eat and what to do, as well as the contact information of our Guest Services Department that will be available to assist you during your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you want additional suggestions and expert opinions on what to do during your vacation. We want to make your experience the best it can be!