Cayo Laurel is a beautiful two level loft style apartment located in La Parguera, PR. where you can find nice restaurants, bars, boat rentals and unique water tours. This 3 bedroom 1 bath apartment accommodates up to 6 guests. Cayo Laurel is centrally located right on the “Plaza” where there is live music on weekends, close to bars, restaurants, bakeries, supermarkets, Bio-Bay Tours, Scuba tours, and nightlife. This traditional La Parguera apartment is accompanied with wooden floors that creak with rustic charm.
1) PRE-ARRIVAL COVID TESTING: Travelers entering any of the Island’s three open airports are required to fill out a Travel Declaration Form through the Puerto Rico Health Department’s online portal, get a PCR molecular COVID-19 test (nasal or throat swab) no more than 72 hours prior to visiting the Island and show proof of a negative result. These are strict government regulations and we encourage you to please visit the link below for the latest travel requirements to the island.
2) COMMON AREAS: Some common areas in many communities around the island are still closed – or with limited capacity – due to COVID-19. This could include pools, tennis courts, and children parks. Please reach out to us prior to booking if you would like to know the status of common areas.
3) MASKS: Masks are mandatory when in public and in all common areas. Please be ready to travel with and bring masks for your stay.
4) CLEANING PROCEDURES: We have updated our cleaning procedures to include industry best practices in response to COVID-19. We are using disinfectant cleaning products on all surfaces and are programming a 24 hour gap between check-outs and check-ins. Our cleaning staff wears PPE during the entire cleaning and disinfecting process.
Cayo Laurel has an open space layout. Dining and kitchen area are alongside the living area.
Cayo Laurel is a 3 bedroom apartment with 1 queen size bed and 2 full size beds. This two level apartment has the dining area, kitchen & 1 of the bedrooms downstairs while the additional bedrooms are located in the second floor. The upper floor bedrooms are loft style bedrooms with verandas that overlook the living area. From both bedrooms on the second floor guests can enjoy beautiful views of La Parguera. Both bedrooms feature full A/C, black out shades and closets.
Cayo Laurel has a rustic vintage style kitchen that is fully equipped for extended stays. Its unique indigo blue tiles definitely bring a unique charm to the property. The kitchen has a full size fridge, stovetop, toaster, coffee maker, and microwave. It also has a convenient opening towards the living/dining room.
There are many things to do in La Parguera, Puerto Rico. This part of the island is best known for its great attractions, natural reserves and its beauty in general. La Parguera is nature-lover’s paradise with ample opportunities for snorkeling, diving, hiking, birdwatching, biking, and so much more. Here are our top picks which you will enjoy during your stay:
- Explore the large selection of local restaurants. Some of our favorites include Moon’s bar & tapas, La Casita Seafood, Brújula, El Turrumonte, Papo’s pinchos/Frituras Clara & many more.
- La Parguera in Lajas is a phenomenal destination for all things nature-related. There are mangrove reserves, nature reserves, and a bioluminescent bay, all of which combine for wonderful snorkeling & SCUBA.
- Experience the magic of the Bioluminescent Bays, there are two in La Parguera. Here you can snorkel or swim as the dinoflagellates light up around you.
- “Malecón” or the boardwalk is great to visit during the weekends. Great place for food, drinks, music, laughter & shopping too.
- Visit La Parguera Nature Reserve is one of the most biologically diverse ecosystems in Puerto Rico characterized by one of the most extensive and well-developed coral reefs on the island.
- Kayaking and Paddleboarding are excellent ways to explore the mangrove channels of La Parguera Nature Reserve. The waters are calm along the mangroves, kayakers of all levels can enjoy the waters.
Renting a car is a must while staying at La Parguera. While you will need a car to get to the property, once settled in at Cayo Laurel, you will find everything that you will need a few steps away. At the town’s main square, you will find a lively atmosphere filled with food kiosks, live music, and beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea. Also, there are many activities within 15 minutes driving distance and the roads are easy to navigate.
West Indies strives to deliver top-notch service and amenities to guarantee our guests feel at home while visiting our properties. All of our properties are outfitted with freshly laundered bed linens and towels. We provide 2 bath towels per guest and 1 beach/pool towel per guest. Our properties typically include at least 2 beach chairs, and an ice cooler.
West Indies provides the disposable amenities necessary to get your vacation off to a comfortable start. These amenities include 1 set of hotel size soaps and shampoos per bathroom, 3 garbage bags, 2 rolls of paper towel, 1 roll of toilet paper per bathroom, 1 dish soap, 1 dish sponge, and a small amount of laundry detergent. We do not provide unlimited disposable amenities. It is your responsibility to review what is included in the property and stock with whatever else may be needed for the duration of your stay.
- Check-in time is at 4:00 pm
- Check-out time is at 11:00 am
- NO SMOKING: Smoking is strictly prohibited. A smoking fee of $500 will be charged if violated.
- NO PETS: No pets are allowed at any time. A $300 fine will be charged if violated and you will be expelled from the property.
- The host will not pay for a hotel, vacation rental, or transportation expenses incurred because of an interruption in water or electrical service. If water or electricity is interrupted for more than 3 hours, guests have the option of canceling their reservation and requesting a refund for the nights not used. Under no circumstances will we refund consumed nights.
- All bookings are contingent on signing a short term rental agreement that will be sent via email. It must be signed within 48 hours of booking or before entering the property, whichever happens first.
- Maximum occupancy of 6 adults/children at all times. This includes visitors.
- Max. occupancy is strictly enforced and exceeding it may result in immediate cancellation of booking or being expelled from the property.
- Towels and linens must only be used for their intended purpose. Do not stain them with food, grease or any other substance. Do not use towels to clean up any mess. Stained towels/linens will be charged.
- Subletting not allowed
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS:
The West Indies Vacation Rental staff is eager to ensure everything about your vacation is 5-star. Once you reserve, our Vacation Planning Team will send you detailed property information, suggestions on where to eat and what to do, as well as the contact information of your Guest Services manager that will be available to assist you during your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you want additional suggestions and expert opinions on what to do during your vacation. We want to make your experience the best it can be!