Bahía Serena is the perfect getaway to relax and enjoy our beautiful island. Situated on the beach and with direct beach access, this cozy 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment offers a remodeled kitchen, living area with cable TV and a bar, a small balcony overlooking mangroves and the beach, a master bedroom with queen bed, and a 2nd bedroom with another queen bed. The apartment is located in Cabo Rojo which is renowned across the island for it’s wide array of restaurants and gorgeous sunsets. The apartment complex has a pool and the rental includes 1 parking spot. Maximum occupancy of 4 guests.
1) PRE-ARRIVAL COVID TESTING: Travelers entering any of the Island’s three open airports are required to fill out a Travel Declaration Form through the Puerto Rico Health Department’s online portal, get a PCR molecular COVID-19 test (nasal or throat swab) no more than 72 hours prior to visiting the Island and show proof of a negative result. These are strict government regulations and we encourage you to please visit the link below for the latest travel requirements to the island.
2) POOL & COMMON AREAS: Some common areas in many communities around the island are still closed – or with limited capacity – due to COVID-19. This could include pools, tennis courts, and children parks. Please reach out to us prior to booking if you would like to know the status of common areas.
3) MASKS: Masks are mandatory when in public and in all common areas. Please be ready to travel with and bring masks for your stay.
4) CLEANING PROCEDURES: We have updated our cleaning procedures to include industry best practices in response to COVID-19. We are using disinfectant cleaning products on all surfaces and are programming a 24 hour gap between check-outs and check-ins. Our cleaning staff wears PPE during the entire cleaning and disinfecting process.
Enter Bahía Serena to an open concept living area with the kitchen to your right with a 2 person kitchen counter and living area to your left. Directly in front of the entrance is the bar with a wine cooler. The living area has air conditioning to keep things nice and cool. Past the living area you have a cozy balcony with side views of the mangroves and the ocean.
There are two bedrooms at Bahía Serena. The master bedroom has a queen bed and the 2nd bedroom has a queen bed. Both bedrooms have closets, 2 night stands, blackout window treatments and air conditioning.
Bahía Serena has a compact but well designed modern kitchen that is completely equipped for an extended stay. The kitchen is fully equipped with a fridge, freezer, microwave, stovetop, oven, coffee maker, and toaster. The kitchen also has a washer/dryer that is once appliance in two.
There are many things to do in Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico. This part of the island is best known for it’s amazing beaches and delicious restaurants. Here are our top picks of things to do:
- Explore the large selection of local restaurants. Some of our favorites include El Gato Negro, El Balcón de Mindy, Buena Vibra, Restaurant Brisas del Mar.
- Relax at the beach and pool at Bahía Serena. The pool has chairs for sun lounging and we include beach chairs, beach towels, and coolers for the beach. Our favorite section of the beach is to the right when you get to the sand. Walk through the mangroves and there are various sections of sand that have both sun and shade and very tranquil water.
- Do a day trip to Playa Buyé. It is 15 minutes away and is one of the most spectacular beaches in the island.
- Rent Jet Skis at Boqueron Aquamarine Adventures. This is about 20 minutes away. 787-472-1321
- Visit the center of town at Boqueron. There is a wide array of bars and restaurants to choose from all within walking distance of each other. We recommend you go there late afternoon to enjoy the afternoon and then some nightlife.
Renting a car is a must when staying at Cabo Rojo. There are many activities within 15 minutes driving distance and the roads are easy to navigate. The apartment includes 1 parking spot and there is space for additional cars across the street.
West Indies strives to deliver top-notch service and amenities to guarantee our guests feel at home while visiting our properties. All of our properties are outfitted with freshly laundered bed linens and towels. We provide 2 bath towels per guest and 1 beach/pool towel per guest. Our properties typically include at least 2 beach chairs, and an ice cooler.
West Indies provides the disposable amenities necessary to get your vacation off to a comfortable start. These amenities include 1 set of hotel size soaps and shampoos per bathroom, 3 garbage bags, 2 rolls of paper towel, 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 1 dish soap, 1 dish sponge, and a small amount of laundry detergent. We do not provide unlimited disposable amenities. It is your responsibility to review what is included in the property and stock with whatever else may be needed for the duration of your stay.
- Check-in time is at 4:00 pm
- Check-out time is at 11:00 am
- NO SMOKING: Smoking is strictly prohibited. A smoking fee of $500 will be charged if violated.
- NO PETS: No pets are allowed at any time. A $300 fine will be charged if violated and you will be expelled from the property.
- The host will not pay for a hotel, vacation rental, or transportation expenses incurred because of an interruption in water or electrical service. If water or electricity is interrupted for more than 3 hours, guests have the option of canceling their reservation and requesting a refund for the nights not used. Under no circumstances will we refund consumed nights.
- All bookings are contingent on signing a short term rental agreement that will be sent via email. It must be signed within 48 hours of booking or before entering the property, whichever happens first.
- Maximum occupancy of 4 adults/children at all times. This includes visitors.
- Max. occupancy is strictly enforced and exceeding it may result in immediate cancellation of booking or being expelled from the property.
- Towels and linens must only be used for their intended purpose. Do not stain them with food, grease or any other substance. Do not use towels to clean up any mess. Stained towels/linens will be charged.
- Subletting not allowed
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS:
The West Indies Vacation Rental staff is eager to ensure everything about your vacation is 5-star. Once you reserve, our Vacation Planning Team will send you detailed property information, suggestions on where to eat and what to do, as well as the contact information of your Guest Services manager that will be available to assist you during your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you want additional suggestions and expert opinions on what to do during your vacation. We want to make your experience the best it can be!